There’s something special about Buck. The charming smile of a street musician, the songwriting chops of a quiet master and the power with words to transport you somewhere else. Buck’s self-titled debut solo album released last year pushes him forward as a soft-spoken, intricate balladeer.
Frontman of Los Angeles-based jangly experimental rock band Fell Runner, Steven Van Betten and the other members combine rock sensibilities with world music rhythms. A soft voice with sharp words and quick fingers.
Santa Barbara transplant Eamon Fogarty recently celebrated the release of his collaboration-heavy, folk-psychedelia LP ‘ Blue Values’ this summer which showcases the guitarist and singer’s descriptive wordplay, build-and-burst tension and shifts between harshness and melody.
Big thanks to Dolores Huerta House for hosting this special event. Located in Isla Vista at 6719 Sabado Tarde, it is one of the Isla Vista housing co-ops bringing together a smattering of amazing people and ideas into the local community. House rules as follows:
“We ask that you abide by these rules and keep these tips in mind:
1. No means no! CONSENT! Respect people’s spaces, and their right to not be okay with things. Alcohol doesn’t make that any different. If someone says no, don’t make it weird bruh.
2. If they are inebriated, high, or unconscious, they can NOT give consent. The State of California has passed a laws protecting those who are under the influence or unconscious in response to the Brock Turner trial (what a turd that guy). If someone is not sober, they cannot consent. Any sexual advances are legally considered assault. That person will be there the next morning when everyone is sober, grab their number and meet tomorrow for hangover coffee.
3. If you see something sketch, get a Delorian. Safety is our top priority. If you see something bad happening or something that could become a problem, come to one of us and we can handle it appropriately. We have “Vibe Guardians” on duty tonight who are equipped to handle these things. We also have Member Resource Officers available for interpersonal issues.
4. No loitering after party is over. No one wants a ticket y’all. When we say that the party is over, please head home.
5. We reserve the right to ask you to leave. Sometimes, you party too hard and we have to ask you to leave. We ask that you respect our decision for the safety of everyone at the party. We would like to invite you back but if you aren’t being chill, you will be permanently banned from the house.
6. Sometimes you need a breather. Parties get a little much and you just need a quiet place to just chill. Dolores is more than happy to accommodate you if you are feeling anxious or unwell. Find the MRO or a Delorian and we can get you somewhere away from the party and help you out. We can provide head pats and blankets.
7. WHERE DO I PEE??? There are three restrooms available, one upstairs and two downstairs.
8. Off Limits! Bedrooms with the doors closed are off limits. We have some Delorians getting their beauty rest in some bedrooms are our private spaces so we ask that you do not go in apartments beyond the two with available restrooms without permission first.
We here at the Dolores Huerta House want our parties to be a safe space. No matter your race, sex, background, nationality, gender, age, etc. we want you to have fun and feel comfortable in our home. So please enjoy yourself and be courteous to your fellow partiers! Respect their pronouns and existence!”